Cheerleading is a popular sport for young girls and older girls alike. Whether it’s Pop Warner, high school cheerleading or competitive cheerleading, it is likely that at one point or another cheer bows will be necessary. Cheer bows class up a cheerleading outfit by giving a distinct style that helps to set each cheer squad apart from the others. Armed with creativity, a glue gun, ribbons, barrettes and ponytail elastics, you can make cheer bows at home for a reasonable price. It can save some budgets for your cheer team!
What you needs are: 3 Different ribbons (around 1.5ft per ribbon per cheerleader), scissors, hot glue gun, hair ties, and twisty ties. The following is the step for making cheerleading bows.
- Take two ribbons (one slightly smaller in width than the other.) and then use your hot glue gun to attach the smaller ribbons upon the middle of the other ribbon.
- Take a third (even thinner ribbon) and attach this one upon the middle of the second ribbon with glue gun.
- Cross over ribbon ends so the right side of the bow is facing up. Then take the middle of the loop and pull it to the intersection of the ribbons.
- Take a twisty tie on the intersection of the ends of the bow and the middle of the loop and twist together.
- Take your hair tie and twist the remaining ends of the twisty tie around the hair tie to secure it.
- Finally, take a small section of any ribbon that you used and place it to cover the parts where you use twisty tie. Hot glue the ends of the ribbon around the twisty tie and hair tie. And this will be your final result!